The Hogwarts Express leaves on September 1, and in honor of that, I’m going to finally release something I’ve been working on for weeks: my own Sorting Hat quiz.
Yes, I know. There are a thousand sorting quizzes out there, not to mention an official one on Pottermore. But I just had to try my hand at making one of my own. This isn’t one of those “what’s your favorite color/animal/character?” quizzes. All the thought I’ve been putting into my Sorting Hat Saturday posts and theories about the Hogwarts founders has gone into the quiz as well. I ask questions like:
How do you react to unexpected challenges?
- Take a step back, look at the facts, and brainstorm solutions
- Go with my first instinct and tackle the problem head-on
- Come up with a strategy based on the situation
- Give it my best effort using tried and true methods
- Try to make it work to my advantage
You just made your house’s quidditch team. Which of the following is most important to you?
- Winning at all costs
- Playing fair and doing my best
- Fighting as hard as we can in each match
- Having a good time and keeping in mind that it’s just a game
- Coming up with a good strategy
- Becoming team captain in a few years. This is just the beginning …
Nothing’s quite like a magical mind-reading hat, but I think I did a pretty good job and I hope you’ll agree.
Edit: Well, I was trying to embed it, but that didn’t work, so here’s a link